13 October, 2007

Passion for Pictures

After a long wait of slightly more than a month, Detha and I finally went for our free Canon EOS DSLR Training @ Canon Digital Lab yesterday.

It was a 3-hr theory-based session, I've been trying hard to figure out what have been taught such as exposure compensation, aperture, shutter speeds, ISO ratings, depth-of-field, metering, focal length, etc etc ... and I ended up with a headache towards the end of it (I'm serious, no joke).

In summary, this training has provided me (i.e. a basically point-and-shoot person) a better understanding of what photography is all about and I'm really amazed at what my newly-acquired camera can deliver.

Our young and good-looking trainer, Mr Jino Lee, has shown us plenty of sample photos taken using various lenses as well as techniques. Those pics really WOW me !!! ... I've linked his site to this post, do check it out (especially those pics under his Travel category) ... they really make me yearn for a relaxing break at any beach resort now ... ha ha ha.

No comments: