14 October, 2007

Heidi Swapp in Beijing ?!?!

It was a Public Holiday as well as a Saturday night, but I felt a little lonely & bored at home tonight.

I've tried calling NC in China earlier, as I kinda miss him ... but he was still out running errands, so our IDD teleconversation was short & sweet of merely 10 mins :(

With nothing better to do tonight ... I surfed the net !!!

I chanced upon Heidi Swapp's blog and got shocked !! Guess what? Her whole family of 7 has moved to Beijing, China on 24 Sept 2007.

Heidi Swapp:
"I have made mention of his business dealings and product development here and there … and he and his partner have built a factory in China to produce the garage doors they have developed. (very exciting) … early on, it became clear (and we have both known that it would be necessary) he needed to physically be there. the long trips overseas have been so hard for me, and harder now w/ #5. SO, after MUCH deliberation ... we have settled into enthusiastic acceptance of our family adventure!"

I really can't believe it ... Heidi actually did what I've been thinking of doing (for years), but have yet to do it.

She simply dragged her 5 little kids across the planet to another place with a huge communication barrier on top of the cultural difference. But yet, she thinks that it will be an amazing, unforgettable, life-altering, growth experience for herself & her family.

The idea of relocating the whole family to a foreign country involves much considerations like housing, schooling, work, safety issues, medical issues, etc etc. Hence, I've been trying to put off this entire idea again & again, while waiting for "miracles to happen".

After reading Heidi's blog, I guess it's high-time for me & NC to really sit down, discuss & plan what will be the best for our family.

Families are the compass that guide us.
They are the inspiration to reach great heights,
and our comfort when we occasionally falter.
~ Brad Henry

4 comments:

Chowchow said...

Hi, you know my stand on this and we have talked about it. I totally agree with what Heidi did. I have been reading her blogs regularly and she seems to be settling and adjusting well. Have a think about it.

Edleen said...

Jane, it wouldn't be so bad. i'd drag my 4 kids along for an adventure too if hubby ever gets a job offer overseas :D right now i'm settling for him being away for months and it's not so bad but of course pretty hard having him away.

hope you and NC comes to a mutual agreement :)

hope to meet up before you go! crop meet? *wink*

Edleen said...

Jane! check out my blog, you've been tagge :)

Anne-Marie said...

Ok, you've been tagged gal.. please see my blog! :)