03 October, 2007

No More Empty Promises

Promise
~ Noun


1. a verbal commitment by one person to another agreeing to do (or not to do) something in the future.
2. grounds for feeling hopeful about the future.

Parents are sometimes a bit of a disappointment to their children. They don't always fulfill promises that they made to their little ones ... and (sadly to say) I'm one of them.

At times, I'll simply promise (without any considerations) whatever requests from my kids, in exchange for more peaceful & quiet time so as to carry on with my own work (p.s. I've been working from home since Year 2004). That's why, there's a high tendency of me on not delivering all my promises to them.

In fact, I've been feeling very guilty about it ... and told myself to stop doing it as this might set a bad example for my growing kids.

So, for now, I'm in the midst of fulfilling my past promises to them (despite my recent tight schedule) ... where #1 is to bring them for kaiten-zushi which means "rotating sushi" in Japanese, but is more popularly translated as "conveyor belt sushi".

Yippee! We went Sakae Sushi @ Bugis Junction on 2 Oct for dinner. The kids were delighted and had fun choosing their own food from the conveyor belt.

But I really wonder does red colour appeal most to little children? ... As R2 kept choosing those in red-coloured plates which cost S$6.50++ each ... can anyone help to explain this ??? ... LOL

As usual, here's some snapshots ...
(blurry ones, I mean ... as I forgot to bring a camera and used my PDA to shoot ... argh)

{ Eeny, meeny, miny, moe ... what shall I eat? }

No comments: