02 February, 2008

1st Day of Work

Yesterday was my 1st day of work ... hmmmm ... I really don't know how to express my mixed feelings in words right now.

In summary, there isn't any HR personnel/dept in this organization for the past 18 yrs of their business. Therefore, needless to say, there's no proper documentation, filing, payroll system at all.

On top of that, this organization is expanding (by way of merger &/or acquisition). As such, there are a number of smaller subsidiaries (both locally & overseas) with their own Compensation & Benefits packages, their own set of working guidelines, etc ... it seems very "messy" & out of control to me. As a parent company's HR personnel, all these will become part of my job & responsibilities ... sigh, sigh, sigh ...

After a short meeting with the organization's CEO yesterday, I kept pondering over issues like, Can I manage this post (after 7 yrs of gap)? Can I perform up to the CEO's expectations? Am I doubting my own abilities? Did I make a wrong choice? (should have opted for the one "up on the mountain"?) ... ...

Apart from that, I missed my kids right after lunchtime ... and I quickly made a call back home to chat with my little R2 for awhile. The next moment, I started to countdown till 5.30pm ;)

I'm in a dilemma right now ... should I take on this challenge or should I just get a stress-free part-time job to pass time (as I've plans to venture into another business real soon) ???

1 comment:

Edleen said...

Good Luck with work Jane!!! :)