02 January, 2008

R1's First Day of School

For the last few weeks, R1 has been counting down the days until her "big day" - today - her 1st day of Primary 1!

I remembered when she was still a baby, I've been thinking how nice it would be when she starts school where we can get a break during the day ... and the day we envisioned is here ... it's just happening way too fast!

I must admit that this morning was filled with mixed emotions. I'm worried that R1 couldn't take care of herself in school, couldn't cope with her school work or will she get bullied by her classmates, and such. However, I must have faith in her that she can make it.

On the contrary, R1 was excited over many new things like taking a school bus, new uniforms, new books, new school, new friends, and so on ...

{ Daddy NC just called to say ... "I love you, Rachel" }
"Your school bus is here, Rachel ... off you go!"

After school was out - Granny, R2 & myself (the family photographer) went down to wait for R1's school bus to send her back. When we got home, R1 couldn't help but to talk most of the evening about everything she did in school.

Thankfully the day has come and gone, filled with memorable moments - knowing that many more memorable moments are to follow !!

No comments: